Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Prayer Can Change Things

One of the coolest things that we've seen in while down here was the pastors meeting in San Andres yesterday. Actually I didn't see it, but Joel and Rody (two pastors) told me that 50 pastors came from the town and surrounding villages for the purpose of seeking God's heart for San Andres. This is really an answer to our prayers for the town, and really confirms that we're right on to have started prayer meetings on Mondays in San Andres.
This weekend was pretty busy. Saturday's clinic was good. Heidi had to leave in the morning, but it was still good to see her for a while. Our friends Dr. Sherwood and his wife Areli came for half of the day as they do nearly every Saturday to help. I was able to squeez in about an hour of volleyball in the afternoon before church in Chijo. It was my first time preaching, but the church was very gracious and thanked me several times for coming. The people were so nice that I don't think they'd tell me if I'd done terrible!
Sunday, clinic in San Andres was busy as usual, and then church at Joel's was very rich as usual. For the last couple of months God has really been touching people there in a powerful way. It's a pleasure to worship with them. Juan Carlos, a friend from the church, surprised me by inviting me over to visit Sunday night. He and his wife Jaiel just had a new baby, so that was my exuse for going over, but it ended up just being a really nice time getting to know them.
Today the medical group of us (Leslie, Katie, Heather (a friend staying for a month), and me) went up to Chiminisijuan for clinic. It was like the flood gates opened up. There were lots of sick kids, so we gave out a lot of prayer and antibiotics. I think like 80 people came. Medical clinics are one of the branches of our ministry that you never want there to be too great of a need for!

Armando (the worship leader), Armando (the pastor),
and me from Sat. in Chijo.




My mischevious buddy Juanito (in the middle) from San Andres.



Heather and Katie giving a lady and her baby
a once-over in Chiminisijuan today.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! You have a blog!! I have been wondering how to contact you. We don't have your email and we all miss you. Samuel is still talking about your motorcycle. If you get a chance send Don an email (his address is on our blog!). We would love to hear from you! You are awesome! We know that you are blessing all those around you. We love you very much! - Don, Lori and all

    ReplyDelete