Thursday, May 14, 2009

Drugs and Church

Today I had the privilege of another flight lesson with Duane. He had some errands to run in Quiche, so we took the plane over there for the morning. While he was taking care of some adoption paperwork I went to visit our friend Victor who runs a drug rehab center. He was excited to tell me that each one of the 23 men staying at the center have a bed, roof, and food. When I got there a pastor friend of his was there having a Bible study with the guys. Then I sang some praise and worship songs with them. I hope none of them ever read this (not that many of them could read English), but I have to say that only God would think what we made was a joyful sound! I lied though and told them they were great singers, so they sang all the louder. It was a really good time.
Later Duane and Leslie headed to the City for some paperwork and a night without all of us at the house. David and Aaron were busy with tractor work most of the afternoon, and Joseph was finishing up a picture frame for Leslie. He's pretty good with wood, and said I needed to help Duane build some cabinets so I could learn....Tomorrow I think Heidi is going to come over. We really miss she and Matt.
Also, I went to a new church tonight about 10 min. out of town in Chijo. Last night God put the church on my heart, so I called the worship leader and asked if they had service tonight. The people were so friendly, and God was speaking to me throughout the service (a good sign for a church). Nothing was at all extravagant, but people were very real and really loved God. They invited me to preach this Saturday at a youth night, and I have a feeling that I'm going to be working more with them in the future. It's always exciting to see what God has planned. He's teaching me to spend my time and energy pressing into Him, and then he'll provide opportunities to serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment