Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Family


The last few days I've been camping. My family actually chose to leave our well-heated, spacious, amazing home to live in a trailer on wheels for three days in a park with other such trailers on wheels in 40 degree weather. Actually it was pretty fun. John, my mom, Christain, and my aunt Janice spent three days together on Carlyle lake. My grandpa even stopped by for a day. The only bad things were my mom and Janice giggling in the middle of the night while the guys tried to sleep. And the fish didn't bite. Christian caught three and I got none! I guess I'm out of practice....There are no tilapia here.
I just got news today that David, Joe, and Ryan got the grainbins down yesterday. Their uncles and friend, Mike Lovell, helped. Soon the load will be ready for our friend Martin to drive to Guatemala. I also just read on Adonai's blog that Duane and Leslie finally got to talk to the mayor of San Andres. He said that he has been overwhelmed by the people who have come to him with need; I think he has a list of 4,000 people, widows and hungry families who have asked for help. To top it off a pastor prophesied over him a month ago that "corn was coming. Corn to feed the people. This was before we had announced our corn project to anyone outside of the ministry. Anyway, I'm really excited about what God is doing. The prophet Isaiah wrote, "If you spend yourselves on behalf of the hungry, and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will shine in the darkness and your night will be like the noonday sun." The Lord is about letting his glory shine as he meets the needs of his people.

I plan to spend the next few days with my dad, grandparents, and the side of the family I haven't seen yet. If anything exciting happens I'll be sure to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment