Monday, July 6, 2009

Work, Eat, Pray

That's what I did today. The best part was a toss up between the eating and the praying (but there were no beef ribs involved, Jeff!).

In Guatemala the "volcano" method of pouring concrete is choice when there's no concrete mixer. As you can see though, we do have our own concrete truck! The old Dodge severed us well on this last pad of the shed. We worked until lunch, and then ate some really good fried chicken. Leslie thinks we don't mean it when we tell her the food is good (because we tell her that everyday) but I assured her it's the truth. Here's some pictures of our concrete.








In the afternoon we invited Duane as a new member to our exclusive "Pray for San Andres" club. Actually it's just the first time he was able to leave his other responsibilities here without feeling too bad. Prayer was good. I'm learning that God never changes, but that I don't have Him figured out yet. He is I believe always wanting to do something new in our lives and show us more of what He's like. "Hey, watch this," I can hear him saying. I hope I'm never too comfortable to put a limit on what I think he can do in my life.

Yesterday clinic was busy in San Andres with just Leslie, Katie, and I seeing patients, but there weren't any emergencies like on Saturday. Candelaria came again with her kids, and Paulino stopped by for his weekly... for the second time. After church I went to Juan Carlos' again for another visit (there's usually food involved). He's learning to play the guitar, and also needed a ride back to Canilla. Here you can see him sporting his "old man" outfit because his wife and family were making fun of his pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment