Saturday, July 11, 2009

Movie Night

Our dairy cow and I have gotten pretty close this week with our workers taking a week off. Normally twice a day I walk out to the pasture with a feed bucket. She looks at me. I look at her. And we both know someone is going to get milked. The bad part of all of this is when I forget in clinic and tell Leslie or Katie that a mom is milking good (what I'm trying to say is that she's nursing). I blame it on Spanish.

Last night with the help of the gang here, I finally showed a movie in the town park. There were a lot of young people for the half-hour motocross video and then about 80 people for the longer "Fireproof." The movie has action, comedy, and a good message about marriage, AND comes dubbed in Spanish. Several people asked when the next movie was going to be, so maybe we can make it a monthly thing.

A total of 5 people died in town this week, so it was a really sad time. Almost everyone is related it seems, so my message outside of clinic was about the resurrection that all who trust in Jesus can look forward to. My words didn't seem sufficient for the situation, but I think people were listening. Later in clinic our diabetic lady came back (I think her name is Adrianna). Last week I blogged about her and her family. Once again, her sugar was over 600, and she needed IV fluids and insulin. If God doesn't do something to either heal her or inspire her family to start taking better care of her, she will not live much longer. Today we prayed, and told her family that they could come back in the middle of the week if they wanted us to explain how to check Adrianna's blood sugar and give her insulin injections. We'll see if they come.(Adrianna, her husband, and daughter prayed with Tomas and Leslie to accept Christ into their hearts today.)

Last, at my dad's urging, I opened up the bee hive for the first time. He said I needed to check that they were making plenty of comb and raising new bees. This picture doesn't show a whole lot (the bees were pretty mad at me at the time I took it), but here is one of the frames. To my surprise there was a lot of comb, a little honey, and lots of larvae.
So that's my recap on milking, clinic, and honeybees. I hope you enjoy whatever little things in life that God has put before you today.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, Buddy! Keep up the good work and all the posting. If you ever start to feel like no one is reading - we are!

    Looking forward to seeing you all in November!

    ReplyDelete