Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Honey in the Horizon


(Our friend Armando is making use of his surroundings as he preaches on a previous trip to San Pedro. I think the chairs represent sin and the cares of this world that can hold us down.)

I've read recently that one reason we're not supposed to worry about the future is because normally we imagine it without God. So as we prepare to go into San Pedro tomorrow (another village in the Zona Reina like Unilla) I'm trying not to worry about it too much; rather, I'm really expecting God to move. In the natural it's easy to get really hot and tired, but when I'm praying I know God wants to do something. Of course the heat is no fun and there's a chance we won't be able to get home the same day due to weather, but my main concern is for the people there. As I pray for them I'm really burdened with their need for Christ. There are very few Christians, and I sense that they are the kind of people who need to see a miracle to truly be converted. They need something personal, not just a story-book God from a people from far away. I don't know, but I know we pray and continue to serve them, asking God to move. It's been almost a year and a half since we began helping the people there (normally at least one trip a month). Duane has also made several emergency flights and taken several people to the hospital in Guatemala City from there. If you think of it or feel led, please pray for God's will to be done tomorrow. I know his will is that all people may know his love.
In addition to all of that, I'm really excited about this honeybee swarm in the yard. If we can find or build a hive I'd like to try my hand at beekeeping. People here really love honey and I hear its good for allergies...We're getting ready to worship and pray as a ministry, so I need to go. After the heat is over I'll hopefully post an update on how the trip went. Stay cool for me, and if you think of it, have a spoon full of honey with your toast in the morning.

1 comment: