Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back


Duane and I made it back to Guatemala yesterday afternoon. We made it before the 5 degree 40 mph winds with snow. My trip was a total of 2 weeks and Duane was there for 5 days. Here you can see a picture of Duane and a group of pastors praying for Guatemala at the Destiny church missions conference. The conference lasted for 4 days and was really incredible. About 20 missionaries from all over the world were present with their ministries, and we had services and prayer every morning and evening. It was very refreshing and I met a lot of cool people. Below you can see a picture of Ben and me. Ben is a man from Gana, West Africa where it is "very hot." This was his first time in the United States, and he's there for 4 months. Like many people in Gana (and Guatemala) Ben has wanted to visit for a long time but never felt it was the right time until now. He has spent the last 7 years building a church discipling pastors for outlying village churches. We had lots of time to talk since I drove him back and forth between his brother's house and church. I think I was blessed more than he was through our talks.
Overall my visit was really good. I spent time with my family (below is from Christmas at my grandparents) and had some good time with a few close friends, even a few who surprised me by popping up at the missions conference!
Now we're back in Guatemala plugging away at the daily work. Our friends Norm and Vicki Sutton came over for a visit, and Norm and I spent some time working on an airplane. Maybe more than ever I am thankful for prayers over my life and ministry here in Guatemala. I know I plan to do more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment