Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ahora Si!

Yes. I am back. Thanks very much especially to Jeff and Donette for checking on me! One week I didn't write, and I never got back on. But ahora si (now, yes) I'm back and won't let it happen again. God has been moving in many people's lives, and a lot in my heart.

"What is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.....Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands." (2 Cor. 4:18-5:1)

This scripture has really spoken to me a lot lately. God is building a house for me in heaven--how awesome! I don't know how I could say the truth of this verse any better using other words; it's just the applying of the message to life that is so hard. What we see with our eyes, what we work toward, what we worry about..so much these physical things are all so blatantly in front of us, but are not the most important. The past couple clinics I've been blindfolding kids and asking them to lead each other to a certain spot outside of clinic. The first time my two volunteers are blindfolded, the second time one's blindfold is taken off and the little boy or girl guides the other.

The blind can't lead the blind. Only Jesus can open our spiritual eyes. And only when our spiritual eyes are opened to we begin to live for those eternal things. There is so much need that we see every day, so few people who have hope. Hopefully if you had been following my blog in the past, you were able to read a little from Adonai's blog. There is a story there of Candelaria; her story is pretty appalling. More than anything though I remember kneeling under her plastic as she told us that she was afraid God had forgotten her. A neighbor had a dream that Candelaria died, and so Candelaria thought that was her future. So many lies had been spoken over her that she struggles to believe there's hope and a God who loves her...."What is seen is temporary. What is unseen is eternal."

My time here is moving more toward more preaching and prayer ministry, although clinics and the everyday word still fill in the gaps. David and Joseph are planning on going to the US tomorrow. Both will be renewing their licenses and Joe will be taking his written test for his private pilot's license. I'll miss them for the time their gone, but I won't get as much trouble for a while. Dr. Malachi and his sister Rachel will also be going home tomorrow. They were here for a week, and were huge help with ministry and clinic as always.

Tomorrow is San Andres clinic, so I appreciate any prayers for the people there, and again, please forgive me for slacking on the blog.

2 comments:

  1. You are forgiven, but we were starting to get worried about you also! Just want to make sure that you are doing ok. Life is hard - May the Lord fill you up with His joy, peace, grace and love and be your Source of encouragement! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Craig!
    Glad you are back,I have missed your blog! I am glad you are doing well, praying that God will continue to reveal Himself to you!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete